Friday, July 29th, 2011
3 cups shredded zucchini
1 teaspoon salt, divided
8 oz. package angel hair pasta, broken into 3-inch pieces
1/2 cup low sodium marinara sauce
1/3 cup all purpose flour
1/3 cup reduced fat sour cream
1/4 cup fresh Parmesan cheese, grated
2 Tbsp. minced shallots
1 Tbsp. fresh basil
1 tsp. fresh oregano, chopped
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. black pepper
2 large eggs, slightly beaten
1 garlic clove, minced
1 Tbsp. butter
1. Place zucchini in a colander and sprinkle with 1/2 tsp. salt. Toss well. Drain for 20 minutes, tossing occasionally. Press zucchini between paper towels until barely moist.
2. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
3. Bring marinara to a simmer in a small saucepan; keep warm
4. Combine remaining salt, flour and the next 9 ingredients into a large bowl. Add zucchini and pasta to bowl; toss well.
5. Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add zucchini mixture to pan, pressing down. Cook for 5 minutes or until bottom is lightly browned. Carefully turn pancake over; cook other side until golden brown.
Cut into wedges and serve with marinara.